Sunday, November 30, 2008

Celebrating one year blogging

As I get ready to look at November's finances with some trepidation, I realized I have been blogging for a year now. Prior to starting my own account, I had been reading various personal finance blogs and believed there was room to share my perspective on frugal living as well. I enjoy writing and my NaNoWriMo challenge was not exciting me. The blog however, has been going for just over a year and I still have more left to explore.

When I first started, I wanted to talk money, budgeting and native plant gardening. Now I have shifted more strongly into green living, edible gardening, and my dream of owning my own farm. Regardless of the shifting of focus, my goals to live frugally (if not uncluttered) have been keys to reducing my resource usage (e.g., buying secondhand and throwing away less garbage) and saving for the future.

One of my earliest posts was about once monthly shopping. I have been practicing this for the last four years so I was surprised when other more popular bloggers were writing about it just recently. My once monthly trips were born out of fewer trips are better for my sanity (I hate grocery shopping), but ended up being a frugal practice as well. This and several follow-up posts have proven to be quite popular.

True to my original ideas, managing income and rolling over an IRA have been frequented by visitors as well. My postings on saving some money in the garden as well as examining the cost of replacement windows garnered positive results as well.

I hope you have enjoyed your time spent here and welcome you back every time you stop by! If there is anything you would like to read or would like a followup on a previous posting, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment