Monday, July 14, 2008

Recipe Monday: Pizza Casserole

I like pizza and I enjoy casseroles (hot dish for other regions of the USA) so this recipe in a school fundraiser cookbook intrigued me. It was not too complex, I generally have the ingredients on hand and it made a tasty dish! If you have browned hamburger in the freezer, it even saves you a bit of preparation time.

1 pound hamburger
2 cans tomato soup (no water)
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper
~1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
8 ounces cooked noodles

Brown hamburger before adding the rest of the ingredients except for noodles. Simmer 10 minutes. Layer the sauce with the cooked noodles and cheese. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

I love cheese so I use 1.5 cups cheddar cheese and 0.5 cups Parmesan cheese when I use this recipe. I have successfully used both egg noodles (medium size) and macaroni noodles in the casserole. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment