Monday, April 28, 2008

Recipe Monday: Ham Rolls

I first tried ham rolls at a party in graduate school and really liked them. My fellow graduate student was kind enough to share the recipe. I am a huge fan of cream cheese, but liked the slight tanginess of the salad dressing mixed with the ham and green onions--and this was all wrapped together in a tortilla. Simple but delicious fare. It has become one of a few items I create for parties and usually disappears by the end.

8oz cream cheese
3-4 green onions, diced
1 tablespoon salad dressing
8-12oz sliced ham
soft tortillas (10-12" in diameter work great)

Mix together cream cheese, onions and salad dressing. Spread onto tortillas. Add enough ham to cover spread. Roll up tightly. Refrigerate overnight. Slice and serve.

I tend to go heavier on the ham with thinly sliced varieties. A thickly sliced ham you might want to use less. It is a great little finger food and something I like to make every once in a while just for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment