Monday, June 9, 2008

Recipe Monday: Veggie Dill Dip

With spring veggies appearing in farmer's markets (and CSA boxes) everywhere, I thought I would offer at least one recipe that may complement them. I am not sure where my mom found this recipe, but I do enjoy the dip with raw carrots. Maybe I should make this and see if it works with my radishes. Hmm...

1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt

Mix sour cream and mayonnaise together. Sprinkle seasonings on top and stir in. Refrigerate for several hours and taste; add more seasonings if necessary.

Be cautious with the seasoning salt. Too much and the sodium comes through more than the other flavors. While not the healthiest accompaniment to veggies, I have enjoyed many a bag of baby carrots with this dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment