Monday, May 5, 2008

Recipe Monday: Seafood Fettuccini

I found this recipe in a local school fundraiser cookbook and decided to try it when in a mood to expand my recipe horizon. The meal was a success, and I ended up eating this meal several times in the last few years. Leftovers microwave well, thus rendering it a good lunch as well as dinner for the single person. This meal is fairly quick to prepare, ~30 minutes from start to finish, using two burners on the stove. The few times I have made it for others, they have liked it as well so I felt safe sharing it.

2 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 teaspoons flour
1 1/2 cups half&half
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 package Louis Kemp Crab Delights
6 ounces cooked fettuccini
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped

Melt butter, stir in flour. Gradually add half&half and stir until thickened. Add Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until smooth. Fold in Crab Delights and heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss fettuccini with sauce and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.

Notes:
1. I love cheese so I add nearly a cup of Parmesan cheese to the recipe.
2. Make sure you only add 4 TEASPOONS flour. I have added a couple tablespoons before I realized and that makes a very thick sauce.
3. I generally skip the parsley and I still enjoy the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment